In business for over 35 years, Yesterday's has long been a favorite with locals and visitors for its great atmosphere and good food. It is right in the heart of downtown Newport, on historic Washington Square, near the shops and hotels. The menus in the main restaurant and at The Place wine bar range from American specialties to Thai, Caribbean and Mexican food. If you have a special interest in food, wine or beer, be sure to check out their dinners with winemakers and brewers, or their cooking classes with the chef. The cooking classes have been going on for over 30 years and are limited to 12 people. Sign up for Yesterday's email list or visit their website for information on these popular classes. Be sure to notice the Ray Goddard shell on the ceiling in the rear of the restaurant. This is a rare find and much appreciated by Goddard fans.
- Hours: Mon - Thu, 11:30am - 9:30pm; Fri, Sat, 11:30am - 10pm; Sun, 11am - 9pm.
- Handicap Accessible: There is a ramp at the rear of the restaurant.
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Products: Soups, sandwiches, burgers, salads, fajitas, pastas, cocktails, wine, beer
- Food & dining options: Vegetarian
- General services: Eat-in, Phone orders, Take-out
- Specialties: 35 beers on draft, wine flights
- ATM: No
- Parking: On-street: free, On-street: metered, Paid lot
- Cuisine: American, Asian, Burgers, Caribbean, Dessert / Ice Cream, German, Irish, Mexican, Sandwiches, Seafood, Vegetarian/Vegan
- Signature dishes: The Big Al: roast beef with Sichuan seasoning served on ciabatta with fried onions.
- Reservations: Accepted
- Executive chef: Alex Daglis
- Number of tables: 30
- Features: Dinner, Group-friendly, Lunch
- Dress code: Casual