Third & Elm Press
Third & Elm Press offers letterpress printing, and everything for sale in the gallery has been produced on the premises. The gallery will celebrate its 45th anniversary the fall of 2010. Ilse Buchert Nesbitt, the owner and artist, sells only her own work, which is exclusively woodcuts and hand-printed books and note paper of Newport scenes and from around the world as well as selected pieces of nature and wildlife. Third & Elm Press is unique in that it uses only 19th-century equipment, which is located in the shop. Visitors may see Nesbitt cutting a block, hand-setting type, printing on one of the old presses or making the paper for the prints.
- Hours: Tue - Sat, 11am - 5pm; or by appointment
- Handicap Accessible: The downstairs shop is street level, the upstairs gallery is not handicapped accessible.
- Founding Date: Jan 01 1965
- Ticket information: None required
- Student discounts: No
- Senior discounts: No
- Private parties: No
- Food/drink: No
- Alcohol served: No
- Coat/bag check: No
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free, On-street: metered, Paid lot
- Restrictions: No smoking
- What makes this community special?: "There is so much inspiration here for an artist. That mixed with the diverse people who are constantly traveling through Newport makes this the perfect haven for this gallery."
- Payments accepted: Cash, Debit Card, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Products: Woodblock prints of plants and scenes of Newport and from around the world and note paper with scenes of Newport and flowers
- Services: Delivery, Gift certificates, Gift wrapping, Shipping
- Return policy: Work may be returned for store credit.
- ATM: No
- Public restrooms: Yes
- Private events: No
- Is there a particular focus for this gallery?: "Third & Elm does letterpress printing; everything in the gallery has been produced on the premises."
- Art specialties: Prints
- What's your most popular item?: Small printed note card of Newport