All of the magnificent work found in The Lady Who Paints is done by local artist and gallery owner, Rosemary Kavanagh O'Carroll. The Lady Who Paints is a large art gallery and working studio with a patio out front, where Rosemary paints outside every day. When she isn't busy painting, she'll happily meet and greet customers any time. The Lady Who Paints is also one of the few places in Newport with its own private parking lot. When you enter the gallery you can expect to find eloquent Newport street scenes and Rockwell-style images from Newport's famous baseball park, Cardines Field. Rosemary always uses oil paints on stretched canvas, copper with wool roving, or Newport Daily News Printing Sheet Metal. Looking for some artwork that truly represents Newport? Then you are looking for The Lady Who Paints!
- Hours: Mon - Sat, 10am - 2pm
- Handicap Accessible: The gallery is street level
- Founding Date: March 01 2010
- Ticket information: No tickets required.
- Student discounts: No
- Senior discounts: No
- Private parties: No
- Food/drink: No
- Alcohol served: No
- Coat/bag check: No
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free, On-street: metered, Paid lot
- Restrictions: No smoking
- What makes this community special?: All the inspiring sites and people in Newport give an artist a true motivational playground to create.
- Is there a particular focus for this gallery?: Impressionist street scenes of Newport, Newport baseball paintings from Cardines Field, very large oil paintings of the The Migrant Workers, child labor, oil on copper with wool roving, political paintings
- Art specialties: Painting