St. Michael's Country Day School, founded in 1938, is an coeducational, nondenominational private school serving children from preschool through eighth grade. Pre-kindergarten and kindergarten students gain exposure to letters, numbers, books, art, music, science and sharing. Students in first through fourth grade explore the world around them through interdisciplinary, technology-enhanced thematic studies. When students reach middle school, they take five academic courses per day and also participate in foreign languages, art, music, theater, technical theater, computer graphics and athletics.
- Hours: Prekindergarten: 8:30am - 12:30pm. Kindergarten: 8am - 2:45pm, with optional extended school day from 3 to 5:30pm. Lower and middle school: 7:55am - 2:45pm, with optional extended school day from 3 to 5:30pm.
- Founding Date: 1938
- Number of students: 223
- Public/Private: Private
- Financial aid: Yes
- Religious affiliation: Nondenominational
- Accreditation/licenses: Association of Independent Schools in New England, National Association of Independent Schools
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 12:1
- Number of faculty: 43
- Grade levels: pre-K to 8
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: Arts, athletics
- Sports teams: Soccer, tennis, basketball, lacrosse