Spring Street Espresso
Looking for a place where you can put Agave Nectar or Honey in your brew? Looking for some of the world's finest single-origin beans? Spring Street Espresso, run by owner Jack MacDonald, may be a little off the beaten trails of Thames or Bellevue, but it guarantees to give you the jolt needed to see all you aim to see while bouncing around Newport. Spring Street Espresso has been at its current location since 2006, and Jack has lived in Newport his entire life. Spring Street offers a real cafe atmosphere, modeled after Jack's year spent in Paris, Toulouse and Bordeaux. Cozy and wooden, it also offers books, kids books, board games, freshly baked pastries, magazines, espresso, americano, cappuccino, mocha, machiato and a wide range of herbal teas.
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 7am - 2pm; Sat - Sun, 8am - 2pm
- Handicap Accessible: Even with sidewalk
- Payments accepted: Cash
- Products: Fresh pastries: croissants, bagels, cinnamon buns, coffee cakes, brownies, blueberry muffins; Coffee Beans: French Roast, Costa Rican Dark, Medium Roast from El Salvador, Ethiopian and Brazilian.
- Food & dining options: Sugar-free, Vegetarian
- General services: Catering, Eat-in, Phone orders, Prepared foods, Take-out
- Specialties: Americano; Loose Leaf Teas: White Tea, Chamomile, Chai Spice, Oolong, China Green, Sencha, English Breakfast, Moroccan Mint, Earl Grey, Jade Oolong, Rooibos, Ginger Lemon
- Parking: On-street: free
- What makes this community special?: A lot of diversity for its area
- Signature dishes: Flavor Shots: gingerbread, maple spice, pumpkin spice, toasted almond, mocha, hazelnut, vanilla, mocha, caramel, blueberry, mint and pomegranate.
- What dish is most representative of the restaurant?: Bananas and candy bars such as Reese's and Nestle Crunch. Odwalla bars and drinks, half gallons of milk, Coke, Poland Spring water and Vitamin Water
- Price level: $$
- Reservations: Accepted
- Number of tables: 5
- Features: Breakfast, View
- Atmosphere: Fun, Quiet