Panera Bread had once been part of Au Bon Pain, but since 1990 has been in existence on its own as Panera Bread. The restaurant on Long Wharf in Newport faces America's Cup Avenue with a view of Newport Harbor as well as being located near shops and hotels along the Avenue. There is a wide selection of daily fresh bread, muffins, bagels and coffee cakes to choose from for breakfast selections. Soup, salads and sandwiches are served throughout the day. A side of either bread, apple or chips is offered with every order as an extra. The staff is extremely courteous and are there to make sure the customer is pleased with the service. During the winter months, there is a gas-fired stove making the atmosphere cozy when the cold winds are blowing outdoors. In good weather, there is outdoor seating to enjoy the nice breezes off the harbor.
- Hours: Mon -Thur, 6:30am - 9:30pm; Fri, Sat, 6:00am -10pm; Sun, 6am - 8pm
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Store Credit Card, Visa
- Products: Breads, baked goods, soups, sandwiches,salads,coffee and other drinks.
- Food & dining options: Vegetarian
- General services: Catering, Eat-in, Phone orders, Take-out, Web orders
- Menu link: www.panerabread.com
- Specialties: Breads.
- ATM: No
- Parking: Free lot, Paid lot
- Features: Breakfast, Kids' Menu, Lunch
- Dress code: Casual