O'Briens Pub has become a staple on lower Thames Street in Newport; the pub has been providing great food, friendly service and plenty of entertainment to the local community for over 25 years. During the day it has a family-friendly atmosphere with plenty of outdoor seating and a fountain full of water toys for the kids. Their patio is also pet-friendly so bring your dog, cat or spider monkey along for a drink or a meal. At night it becomes a hot spot for anyone looking for fun and entertainment, there is always something going on at O'Briens.
On Mondays there is free pool from 6pm until close. Tuesdays offer pub trivia at 9:30pm where the first place team gets a cash prize and the second and third get gift certificates. Wednesday and Sunday are karaoke nights also starting at 9:30pm where guests can come down and sing their favorite tunes, good or bad, it doesn't matter as long as you're having fun. Thursday and Saturday there is a DJ who starts playing all your favorite songs at 10pm. On Fridays you can come down to O'Briens and enjoy a live band.
There really is something to do EVERY night at O'Briens Pub so come on down!
- Fax: 401-847-3363
- Hours: Daily, 11:30am - 1:00am; closed on Christmas day.
- Handicap Accessible: Street Level.
- Founding Date: Jan 01 1979
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Products: Upscale pub food
- Food & dining options: Gluten-free, Vegan, Vegetarian
- General services: Catering, Eat-in, Phone orders, Prepared foods, Take-out
- Menu link: www.theobrienspub.com/foodmenu.html
- Specialties: Mon: $0.25 Wings, Wed & Sun: Half-Price Grilled Pizza (Inside Only)
- ATM: Yes
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free, On-street: metered, Paid lot
- Private events: Yes
- What makes this community special?: Families all day, fun-seekers all night.
- Cuisine: American, Bar Food, Burgers, Pizza, Sandwiches, Seafood
- Signature dishes: BBQ ribs, fish & chips, wraps, gluten-free menu
- Price level: $
- Reservations: Accepted
- Executive chef: Rupert Edwards
- Number of tables: 45
- Features: Buffet, Catering, Dancing, Dinner, Fireplace, Group-friendly, Kids' Menu, Live Entertainment, Lunch, Outdoor seating, View
- Atmosphere: Bar Scene, Fun, Late-night, Singles scene
- Dress code: No beachwear - unless it looks good on you.