The Newport Public Library offers a wide variety of books, audio books, CDs, videos, classes, computers and events. Wireless Internet access is available, as is printing, copying and faxing.
Group work areas are scattered throughout the facility. In addition, there's a quiet study room, three meeting rooms, a children's special program room, and a room for local literacy volunteers. A variety of programs, classes and workshops are offered for kids, teens and adults.
A large children's department is to the left of the front entrance. Magazines, electronic media and a computer study room are in the center, and fiction and nonfiction selections are on the other side of the building.
In addition, free and discount admission passes are available to several Newport, Providence and Boston-area museums.
- Fax: 401-842-0841
- Hours: Fall/Winter (mid-Oct to May): Mon, 12:30pm - 9pm; Tue - Thu, 9:30am - 9pm; Fri, Sat, 9:30am - 6pm; Sun, 1pm - 5pm. Summer hours (starting June 28): Mon, 11am - 8pm; Tue - Thu, 9am - 8pm; Fri, Sat, 9am - 6pm; Sun, closed.
- Handicap Accessible: The entrance is level with the ground, and there is an elevator.
- Parking: Free lot
- Specialties: Meeting Rooms can be made available for issues relating to the city.
- Services: Audiobooks, Movies, Music CDs, Research databases, Resources for job seekers
- Internet use policy: A library card number, or a guest computer user number, is required to log on to computers.
- Programs/classes: Adult programs, book groups, children's programs, computer classes, story time, teen events
- Book donation information: Charitable donations are accepted, as well as donations of items which may be considered for our collections, or resold through the Friends of the Library bookstore.
- Wi-Fi: Free