Miguel's Hair Design
Miguel's is located on Broadway just past the pharmacy on the left side of the street as you enter downtown Newport (across from A-1 Pizza). The store front has large glass windows, which allow a lot of light into the store, as well as provide a nice view of everything going on out in the street.
Miguel Cruz has been cutting hair for more than twenty years now. He has been at this location since 2006, but has already become established and well-loved in the community for his quality of service and personality. Aside from the pleasing environment of his salon, which is clean and has a great feel when you walk, his loyalty to the clientèle makes him stand out from the rest.
Cruz studied at Blaine Beauty School in Boston, Massachusetts (which is now Empire Beauty School). He is a native of Puerto Rico and has lived here since 1978.
- Hours: Mon - Sat, 10am - 7pm; Sun, closed.
- Handicap Accessible: sidewalk
- What makes this community special?: Diversity.
- Payments accepted: Cash, Personal Check
- Parking: On-street: free
- License/certification: Cosmetology and Hairstyling
- Gift certificates: Yes
- Appointments: Appointment suggested
- Specials/Packages: Extensions, cuts, relaxes, nails, pedicures, waxing, makeup for weddings
- Private events: Yes
- Hair Services: Color, Highlights/lowlights, Makeup, Shave
- Hair Specialties: Children, Men, Women
- Hair Product Brands: Scruples
- If you could only give one tip to customers to maintain healthy hair, what would it be?: More frequent visits to their stylist. Use professional products.