First Presbyterian Church of Newport
First Presbyterian Church was established in 1884 by a small group determined to follow the teachings of John Calvin and John Knox. A church was laid on the current site in 1892, built by the original members of the congregation. Undergoing a major restoration in 2000, First Presbyterian still operates today with services on Sunday mornings. Various worship and fellowship opportunities are available for congregation members of all ages. The church is led by the Rev. Dr. Bill Maxwell.
- Hours: Summer: Prayer Gathering, 8:45am; Services, 9:30am. Rest of year: Prayer Gathering, 8:30am; Sunday School, 9:15am; Worship, 10:30am
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Denomination: Presbyterian
- Services: Child care, Choir/music programs, Study groups, Youth programs