Emmanuel Episcopal Church was established in 1841 as a mission of Newport's Trinity Church. Its humble beginnings began with meetings in private homes until they were able to purchase an unused Baptist church. In 1852, the congregation was admitted into Diocesan Convention as Emmanuel Free Church.
The church is now the home to more than 200 members. It is housed in a Tudor gothic revival structure that was the gift of the widow of John Nicholas Brown, Sr. The church is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Hours: Services: Sun, 8am and 10am; Tue, 10am; Wed, 6pm. Office Hours: Tue - Fri, 9am - 1pm.
- Handicap Accessible: Ramp on side of building
- Parking: On-street: free
- Denomination: Episcopal
- Congregation size: 218
- Services: Child care, Choir/music programs, Missionary programs, Study groups, Youth programs