East Bay Community Action Program - Lower Bay Region
401-848-2160, health and dental appointments; 401-847-7821, social services
East Bay Community Action Program is a private, non-profit that strives to provide high-quality, comprehensive health and human services to residents throughout the East Bay area, including Newport. According to EBCAP's website, services include Head Start and Early Head start, family health and dental services, family development case management services, food pantries, youth programs, the East Bay Coalition for the Homeless, heating and energy services, the Women, Infants and Children Supplemental Feeding and Nutrition Program (WIC) and senior services including case management, the Retired Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP), Foster Grandparents (FGP) and the Ocean State Senior Dining Program (meals in a social setting).
The Newport location is one of two main offices for the non-profit. The other is located at 100 Bullocks Point Avenue in Riverside.
- Hours: Newport health services: Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri, 8am - 4pm; Wed, 8am - 8pm; Dentistry services: Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri 8am - 5pm; Wed, 8am - 8pm
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Parking: On-street: free
- Insurance accepted: Medicare, Medicaid, Blue Cross/Blue Shield and Medical Assistance, RIteCare and other private insurances are accepted for health and dental services. For those without insurance, a sliding fee scale is available, based on income and family size.
- Appointments: Appointment suggested
- Financial assistance: Patients w/o insurance
- Scope: Local, Regional
- Type: Child welfare, Health and Disability, Homelessness and housing, Hunger, Senior citizens