Jeffrey Philpott, 44, of New York, N.Y. had his charge of disorderly conduct dismissed in court. Philpott was arrested on April 3.
Woman Arrested for Urinating in a Hallway
Yolonda O. Stedford, 21, of 20 Chapel St., Newport, was arrested around 12:50 a.m. on Sunday on charges of disturbing the peace and simple assault/battery.
A woman reported to police that a woman had urinated in her front hallway and allegedly hit her husband in the face. Police reports said her husband heard several loud bangs outside of their apartment and when he went out in the hallway he saw Stedford urinating on the floor. He told police she hit him when he told her to leave.
Stedford was handcuffed, transported to the station and booked.
Woman Arrested for Disorderly Conduct
Meredith A. Klassner, 33, of 15 Meeting St., Newport, was arrested around 12:47 a.m. on Friday on a disturbing the peace charge.
Police were dispatched to the front of the station after someone reported Klassner was refusing to let him into his house. Officers responded to the residence and were let in by an unknown neighbor. According to reports, Klassner was yelling racial slurs at the reporting party and police.
After asking her to quietly leave the area, Klassner refused and was handcuffed after a struggle. She was not booked due to uncooperative behavior.
Man Arrested for No Contact Violation
Deanthony H. Allen, 19, of 2 Park Holm, Newport, was arrested around 5:40 p.m. on Thursday. Newport police assisted Pawtucket in his arrest. Pawtucket officers informed the Newport Police Department Allen had a 24-hour pickup for violation of no contact order. Police located Allen at 2 Park Holm, where he was handcuffed, transported to the station and booked.
- Ian E. Duarte, 18, of 222 Park Holm, Newport, was arrested around 12:05 a.m. on Saturday for first-offense possession of marijuana and possession of alcohol in public.
- Derek B. Rivera, 23, of 680 North Main St., Fall River, Mass., was cited for drinking in public around 12:30 a.m. on Saturday.
- Dennis J. Lathan, 18, of 171 Conanicus Ave., Jamestown, was arrested around 6:50 p.m. on Saturday for possession of alcohol by a minor.
- A 17-year-old Jamestown resident was arrested around 7:10 p.m. on Saturday for first-offense possession of marijuana and possession of alcohol while driving.
- Michelle L. Gentle, 32, of 231 Maple Ave., Newport , was arrested around 12:20 p.m. on Friday for shoplifting.
- Miesha Y. Stedford, 19, of 20 Chapel St., Newport, was arrested around 2 p.m. on Saturday for shoplifting.
- Bethlean Vazquez, 18, of 105 Park Holm, Newport, was arrested around 2 p.m. on Saturday for shoplifting.
- Brian A. Henry, 34, of 41 Azalia Court, Hempstead, New York was cited for a noise violation around 3 a.m. on Sunday. Leon E. Sampson, 21, of 15 Meeting St., Newport, was arrested around 3:18 a.m. on Friday for weapons possession, domestic disorderly conduct, violation of a protective order and resisting arrest.
- Andrew A. Fowler, 20, of 15 Meeting St., Newport, was arrested around 9:41 a.m. on Friday for desecration of a grave.
- Charles V. Parker, 23, of 231 Maple Ave,., Newport, was arrested around 7:15 p.m. on Friday for a third-offense no contact order violation.
- Jermaine R. Brewster, 28, of 90 Girard Ave., Newport, was arrested around 1:40 a.m. on Saturday for two assault charges.
- Jerome M. Massey, 29, of 502 East Main St., Fall River, Mass., was arrested around 1 p.m. on Saturday for felony assault with a dangerous weapon.
- Caitlin C. Aull, 24, of 143 Third St., Newport, was arrested around 5:48 p.m. on Saturday for disorderly conduct.
The above reports detail arrests made by the from Friday, May 13, through the early morning hours of Monday, May 16. Descriptions of all events are based solely on police officer reports provided to Patch.