- A 13-year-old Newport girl was arrested around 8:51 a.m. on Friday, Jan. 18, for a shoplifting charge at 7-Eleven.
- A 12-year-old Newport boy was arrested around 2:14 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 18, for a simple assault charge.
- Troy M. Henderson, 39, of 29 Chapel St., Newport, was arrested around 4:40 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 18, for violating a no contact order and a crank or obscene phone calls charge.
- David R. Ezell, 31, of 24 Brinley St., Newport, was arrested around 7:55 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 18, for an active warrant.
- Christopher Mello, 30, of 87 Arlington Ave., Warren, was arrested around 2:05 am. On Saturday, Jan. 19, for a vandalism charge.
- Nikia Hernandez, 31, of Newport, was arrested around 8:20 a.m. on Saturday, Jan. 19, for attempted larceny, domestic vandalism, and violating a no contact order charges.
- Christian P. Pidru, 20, of 6 Bristol Rd., Middletown, was arrested around 3:41 p.m. on Saturday, Jan. 19, for first-offense marijuana possession and obstructing an officer charges.
- Jamane L. Rose, 28, of Newport, was arrested around 9:45 p.m. on Saturday, Jan. 19, for domestic felony assault, domestic assault, and domestic refusal to relinquish a telephone charges.
- Robert E. Upchurch Sr., 68, of 140 Dole Ave., Providence, was arrested around 4 a.m. on Sunday, Jan. 20, for assault on persons over 60 and simple assault charges.
- A 16-year-old Newport boy was arrested around 1:41 p.m. on Sunday, Jan. 20, for a disorderly conduct charge.
The above reports detail arrests made by the Newport Police Department. Descriptions of all events are based solely on police officer reports provided to Patch.