The Newport Police Department reported the following arrests for Sunday, May 5 and the morning of Monday, May 6
- Richard Temple, 52, of 54 Benjamin St., Pawtucket, was arrested on Sunday around 4:58 p.m. on domestic threats charge. Police were called to Easton’s Beach for an intoxicated man who was allegedly bothering a wedding ceremony. When police arrived he allegedly said to the officer, “I’ll bust your face.”
- Oneka Ardrey, 32, of 50 Park Holm, was arrested on on Sunday around 1:00 a.m. for breaking and entering, vandalism and domestic disorderly conduct. Police were called to 228 Hillside and when they arrived, Ardrey was allegedly trying to pull herself through the kitchen window. The female resident said Ardrey was jealous about her relationship. Police said she used a vase to smash the window and then tried to climb into the house.
- Manuel de Jesus Gomez, 30, of 16 Brinley Stt., was arrested Monday on a simple assault charge. A witness said he was walking north on Broadway when he saw two men kicking another man. The witness asked the man in Spanish what happened and the victim said he didn’t recognize the men but thought they were trying to rob him.
- John Rouleau, 21, of 90 Girard Ave, Apt 139 was arrested Sunday around 4:10 a.m. on a bench warrant out of Superior Court, a bench warrant out of the Third District Court and refusal to relinquish a telephone. Police were called to the Festival Field Apartments for a report of a man and a woman fighting, said police. Rouleau had blood around his lip and told police he had been jumped by two men inside the apartment. When the men left, he allegedly yelled at a woman, blamed her for the attack and took her phone. According to state records, Rouleau failed to appear in court for to a felony drug possession charge and a vandalism charge.
- John Sleeper, 24, of 45 Clearview Ave., Portsmouth, was arrested Sunday on a possession of alcohol in public.
- Kelsie Rinehart, 25, of 30 Middleton Ave., was arrested on Sunday around 3:15 a.m. on domestic assault charges. Her ex-boyfriend went to the police station to report she struck him in the head with bottle and bit him.