.

Bath House Fire Caused by Spontaneous Combustion

The fire at Easton's Beach was an accident caused by improper storage of paint, the Newport Fire Department concluded on Tuesday.

The fire at Easton's Beach was an accident caused by improper storage of paint, the Newport Fire Department concluded on Tuesday.

The paint was stored on the second floor.

City officials are planning to replace the structure, which is part of a row of bath houses at the popular beach located on Memorial Boulevard and right at the start of the famous Cliff Walk.

Firefighters battled the blaze for about 40 minutes before it was put out.

Nobody was hurt in the fire.


Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »