Everyone is looking forward to the long weekend, and fortunately for most of us, the weather looks like it will cooperate. Memorial Day weekend is often synonymous with backyard barbecue and gathering friends together to start the season. We’ve put together a few of our favorite tips on how to have a fantastic kick-off to summer this Memorial Day. Cheers!
- Honoring the Armed Forces: Encourage party guests to bring a copy of a photo of any friends or family members they might know who served in the armed forces to incorporate into a collage. It’s a great way to remember what the holiday is all about.
- Amusement Equipment: Renting amusement equipment like an ice cream cart, popcorn machine and frozen drink machine will bring back the good old days for a great kick off to summer, which is often what a Memorial Day party marks. Little touches like buying novelty ice cream bars are an extra added treat for guests!
- Linens: Memorial Day is all about the Red, White and Blue, so why not rent linens to bring in pops of color. Have fun with renting napkins, tablecloths and buntings to express your patriotism.
- Serve All-American Food: Don’t have a huge grill? Consider renting one to create lots of space to cook burgers, hot dogs, ribs or other traditional all-American, summertime food.
- Server: Hire a server/cook to help you prepare, serve and clean. You can hire a server at an hourly rate and this will help relieve the stress and pressure of the host.
- Music: Generate a party play list that includes “all-American” songs such as “Born in the USA” by Bruce Springsteen, “American Pie” by Don McLean or “American Woman” by Guess Who. Or, take it in another direction and make the music all about the Boogie Woogie days of WWII.
- Tents: May is often a time of unpredictable weather. Don’t let a few rain showers or scorching sun spoil all the fun! Renting a tent can be a great way to ensure your guests can still enjoy the outdoors, despite a few raindrops or blazing heat.
Larry Green is CEO of Rentals Unlimited, New England’s premier special event rental resource. The company was created with a mission to offer the best value, products and service in the region. Rentals Unlimited offers a wide range of products for a variety of different events, from the largest wedding to small festivities. Inventory available to rent includes many specialty items, décor linens, fine china and crystal, catering equipment, furniture, place settings, accessories and more. Rentals Unlimited has showrooms in Stoughton, Boston’s Back Bay, Woburn and Hyannis, Massachusetts, as well as Newport and Providence, Rhode Island. For more information, visit www.rentals-unlimited.net.