Bookmark this page to get updates as they are made available.
- Saturday night the temperature falling to near 16 by 11 p.m., then rising to around 28 during the remainder of the night.
- There is a 40 percent chance of snow today, mainly before 2 p.m., according to the National Weather Service. Total daytime snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
- At 9:30 a.m. today (Saturday) the Red Cross opened a regional shelter at the Gaudet Middle School at 1113 Aquidneck Ave, Middletown. Use the Turner Rd entrance. If you are unable to get to the shelter on your own, you can call the Middletown Police Station at 401-846-1104 or Carmela Geer at 401-418-0071.
- Brace yourself. National Grid says some customers could be without power for "several days," reports The Providence Journal. The blizzard struck transmission lines, including those on Aquidneck Island, which could take days to repair.
- Most of Aquidneck Island remains without power on Saturday. At 11:30 a.m. on Saturday, National Grid reported 44,560 out of 45,893 customers are without power in Newport County.
- Around the island, plows and National Grid are being delayed by vehicls getting stuck. Many roads are impassable at this time.
- Governor Chafee has expanded travel restrictions to a full travel ban on all roads effective immediately.
- TF Green Airport reported they measured 16.6 inches of snow. Some parts of Rhode Island reportedly got more than two feet of snow.
- RIPTA service is suspended until further notice