Newport's has come and gone, but there are still a few opportunities left to celebrate Irish heritage.
The Newport Ancient Order of Hibernians organized a wide range of events in March as part of Newport Irish Heritage Month. Several final events are scheduled for this week.
Monday, March 19:
- Celebrate Irish story and song at the Portsmouth Public Library at 7 p.m.
Tuesday, March 20:
- Irish sing-a-long with Dave Manuel at at 6 p.m.
Wednesday, March 21:
- Irish appreciation night at the Harbor House at 7 p.m.
Thursday, March 22:
- Lecture "Your Grammy's Gramophone: The cultural impact of early recording of Irish music"; 6 p.m. at the .
- Rhode Island Famine Memorial Committee Fundraiser, 8 p.m. at the Ceilidhe Club in Cranston.
Friday, March 23:
- Night of Irish music at 7:30 p.m. at Linden Place Museum in Bristol.
Saturday, March 24:
- LAOH Corned Beef and Cabbage Dinner, 6 p.m. at .
Sunday, March 25:
- Traditional Irish music at at 5 p.m.
Tuesday, March 27:
- History of Irish Immigration to Newport, presentation and discussion. 11 a.m. at the .
For more information on any of these events, visit the Ancient Order of Hibernians website.
Do you have a deadline the community needs to know about? Email the information to firstname.lastname@example.org. And be sure to upload information about upcoming events to our events section.