1. Newport resident Patrick Abrecht saw the positives of recent flooding due to high tides and instead of complaining, he took action. He grabbed his paddleboard and went up and down his street!
2. announced Hunter House, Chepstow and The Breakers Stable & Carriage House are now open weekends and holidays through June 29, and will move to a daily operating schedule on June 30.
3. Mark your calendar for June 29 at the store for a wine & cheese reception from 5 to 7 p.m. to meet Newport writer Herb McCormick, author of several sailing books, including One Island, One Ocean andGone to Sea.
4. The Aquidneck Land Trust announced a contest that allows one supporter to win two tickets to this year's Fiesta Verde on Saturday, July 28, 6 to11 p.m. How to win: Become a "fan" of the Aquidneck Land Trust on Facebook, and following the contest rules for posting a photo of an ALT conserved property open to the public and garnering the most photo likes on the page. For more information, contact Jessica Pohl, development director, at 401-849-2799 x 18 or email@example.com.
5. Be sure to check our Rhode Island Summer Guide for information on beaches, tides and events.