Whether you thoroughly enjoyed the deals of Restaurant Week, or are just wishing you had taken advantage of them, the good news is that even though the weeklong event is over, there are still plenty of dining deals to be had around town. Here are some of the mouth-watering discounts that are going on right now.
- 22 Bowen's: Sunday through Thursday, 22 Bowen's offers a 3-course prix fixe menu, including a starter, entrée, and dessert, for $19.95 per person. On Fridays, the restaurant offers dinner for two (from a select menu) paired with a bottle of Beringer wine for $65.22.
- : Dinner for two, including a bottle of wine, for $24. Choose from entrees such as Pork Ragu, Fried Sole Milanese, and Tomato Garlic Mussels, & Linguini just to name a few. Dinner for two without the wine is $14. Available Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays.
- : Take 50 percent off the entire wine list when having dinner in the dining room at Castle Hill on Sundays through Dec. 26.
- : Enjoy a prix fixe 3-course menu between 5 to 6 p.m. for $23 on Friday nights, then stay to listen to the sounds of the Dick Lupino Band starting at 6 p.m.
- : On Thursday nights, Christie's is offering Surf n' Turf for two, featuring flat iron steak and a chef's selection of seafood for $50.
- : Enjoy the Raw Bar Special at The Grill at Forty 1 North on Thursday nights. Oysters are $2 per piece and crab and shrimp are $4 per piece.
- : Paella for two served with sangria for $55 at both lunch and dinner on Thursdays. The Mooring also offers a 3-course prix fixe menu for $19.95 Sundays through Thursdays.
- : The restaurant at Newport's famed Hotel Viking offers half price bar bites on Sunday through Thursday from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m.
- The Pier Restaurant: Beat the clock at The Pier on Thursday nights. Dinner is $12 at 4 p.m.; $14 at 5 p.m., $16 at 6 p.m. and $18 at 7 p.m. and later.
- : A selection of specials is offered for $9.95 on Sundays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, as well as the opportunity to BYOB (beer and wine only). The full wine list is also available on BYOB nights.
While this is a great selection, there are sure to be more to come, so keep your eye out for specials around town. With fewer people here and dining deals galore, now's a great time of year to be dining out in Newport.