The Walmart in Newport that has been shut since a Feb. 17 arson is due to open for business once again on Tuesday, Feb. 25.
A store manager told WPRI that the store should be fully operational by Tuesday.
A 58-year-old New York City man was charged in connection with the fire. Police said he spent hours at the store, taking time to change his clothes and even ask for a job before he set the place.
George Reddick, 58, turned himself in to Newport Police last week after an investigation that involved video footage and interviews with store employees.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something