- The Newport School Committee will meet at 5 p.m. at the Newport Public Schools Administration Center. Among the items on the agenda is the Pell School construction recommended changes for bid construction documents.
- The (IYRS) is holding an from 4 to 7 p.m. followed by the first installment in their series of Fall lectures which will feature Dan Pingero, CEO of Sailors for the Sea. Admission is $7 for the lecture for non-members.
- Team Newport Muzzy will kick-off their campaign at the at 7 p.m. tonight. The group is taking part in a larger international effort in which men grow mustaches from Nov. 1 to Nov. 30 to raise awareness and funds for men’s cancers.
- The Newport Library will host a in which children ages 5 to 8 are welcome to come in their pajamas to hear a story read to them by local teens at 7 p.m.
- ’s monthly cancer support group, I Can Cope, will meet at 7 p.m. in the hospital library.