- Rogers High School senior Michael O’Connell will present a screening of , as part of his senior project at 7 p.m. at . The documentary takes a look at the way society treats its least fortunate members and a question and answer session will follow the film with Newport native and well-known Boston street doctor, Dr. James O’Connell. A $10 donation is requested to benefit the Soup Kitchen.
- The will host Dr. John Quinn as he presents at 5:30 p.m. at the . Quinn is a professor of history at Salve Regina University and will focus the lecture on the history of Catholics in Newport during the late 18th and early 19th centuries. Admission is $1 for members, $5 for non-members, and $4 for active duty military with ID. Call 841-8770 to reserve your spot.
- The will meet at 6:15 p.m. at the for a 5k run before gathering back at the bar for a few drinks. This group meets weekly on Thursdays and welcomes runners of all skill and commitment levels.
- will hold a for those diagnosed with these diseases and their family members at 7 p.m. This support group is held on the first Thursday of each month.
- The will host for children ages 3 ½ to 6 years old at 10 a.m. This session’s story will be Crickwing and it will be followed by a craft and a nature hike weather pending. Admission is $4 for members and $6 for non-members. Call 846-2577 to register.