Invite a friend
The public is invited to come to Ballard Park and take jack-o-lanterns left over from the 10th Annual Ballard Park Pumpkin Tour. A clean up of the park will begin at 10am so those interested in picking up a pumpkin should plan to come to the park prior to 10. Ballard Park is located directly across from Rogers High School on Wickham Road.
More About Ballard Park
Ballard Park is Newport's only nature preserve. Located near Hazard and Wickham roads, near Rogers High School, this space spans nearly 13 acres and has been designated for conservation, education and passive recreation.
The park was a gift to the city in 1990 by Carol C. Ballard. Diverse in wildlife and foliage, Ballard Park is frequently the location for community events. The non-profit Friends of Ballard Park actively works to protect the space.
Other events here
- Father's Day Hike Sun, Jun 16, 10:00 am
- Yoga in the Park Weekly on Tuesdays, 6:00 pm–7:30 pm
- Jenkins Construction presents Concert by The Newport Community Band Wed, Jul 10, 6:30 pm–8:00 pm
- Jenkins Construction presents Concert by The Toe Jam Puppet Band Wed, Jul 24, 10:00 am–11:00 am
- Jenkins Construction presents Concert by The Moldy Suitcases Wed, Jul 24, 6:30 pm–8:00 pm
- 4th Annual Mad Hatter (Iced) Tea Party Mon, Aug 5, 4:00 pm–6:00 pm
- Movies on the Rocks: Mary Poppins Wed, Aug 7,
- Movies on the Rocks: Grease Wed, Aug 14,
- Movies on the Rocks: Moonrise Kingdom Wed, Aug 21, 8:00 pm