year two has been AMAZING for newportFILM!
in 2012 YOUR contributions helped newportFILM...
- screen over 30 fascinating documentaries, shorts and children's films.
- host 15 cool filmmakers and/or subjects of documentaries, including the gracious ethel and rory kennedy, the now-legendary rodriguez and the always-legendary tim wakefield.
- grow audiences by leaps and bounds, with events capturing over 700 attendees (8,500 in total in 2012)
- partner with over a dozen other beloved community arts and non-profit organizations to forward mutual missions through important, inspiring films.
- grow existing "green screen," "outdoor" and "kids" programs as well as launch an innovative in-school documentary education series.
THANK YOU for embracing and validating newportFILM by supporting us with your attendance, volunteerism, funds and gratitude.
a very special thank you to community businesses who gave financial support through generous and critical sponsorship: KIRBY PERKINS CONSTRUCTION, FRANKLIN & COMPANY DESIGN ASSOCIATES, THE NEWPORT DAILY NEWS and HORAN BUILDING COMPANY.
we look forward to seeing you in 2013...
would you consider making a donation to keep fresh, documentary film and inspired community dialogue alive on aquidneck island?
newportFILM is a 501(c)3 organization dedicated to educating, enlightening and creating community dialogue through documentary film. year-round programming for all ages focuses on topics relating to social justice, environmental health, culture and education.