What's Open and Closed on Christmas Day
A look at what businesses and government office are open and closed on Christmas Day.
Here’s a complete list of important places in Newport and Middletown and their Christmas day schedules:
U.S. Post Office — All offices are closed all day.
Newport and Middletown Public Schools — Closed.
Newport City Hall and Middletown Town Hall— Closed all day.
Newport and Middletown Libraries — Closed all day.
Middletown Senior Center — Closed all day.
Edward King House — Closed all day.
- Shaw’s is closed.
- Stop & Shop is closed.
- Sweet Berry Farm is closed.
- A Market Natural Foods closed.
Restaurants and Retail Stores
- Restaurants and stores will be open at their own discretion. Please call ahead.
- Bank Newport (all branches) is closed.
- People’s Credit Union (all branches) is closed.
- Citizens Bank (all branches) is closed.
- Newport Federal (all branches) is closed.
- Rhode Island Public Transit Authority (RIPTA) will operate under its Sunday/Holiday schedule today. To view schedules, click here.
- All state offices are closed today.
Federal Offices, Stock Market
- Federal offices and the stock market are closed.
- Newport YMCA is closed.
- Newport Athletic Club is closed.
- Bridge to Fitness is closed.
- Pulse Newport is closed.
- Innerlight Yoga is closed.