Welcome back, Patch Blogger!
Patch Picks: Five Spots to Watch This Week's Fireworks Displays
A roundup of the best views of Newport County's fireworks displays for the July 4th weekend.
‹ Back to Article
What's your favorite part of the Fourth in Wilmington?
Newport County Fireworks
- Jamestown Fireworks: Jamestown will kick off the area’s festivities with the first fireworks display on Saturday, July 2 at sundown. The fireworks display will be launched from Mackerel Cove which means that Brenton Point State Park should offer the best view of them from Aquidneck Island.
- Bristol 4th of July Fireworks: Catch the Bristol Fireworks display on Sunday, July 3 at 9:30 p.m. from Portsmouth’s Bristol Ferry Town Common where there’s free on-street parking. Views of the Mount Hope Bridge will offset the display.
- Newport and Jamestown Fireworks Cruises: Head out on the water with 12 Meter Charters from 7:30 to 10 p.m. for a cruise under the spectacular sparkling displays for $99 per person on either Saturday, July 2 or Monday, July 4.
- Newport Fireworks Rose Island Cookout: Situate yourself in the middle of the Bay to watch Newport’s fireworks while enjoying a meal by Becky’s BBQ, the sounds of Folk Support Group, and a cash bar on Rose Island for $85 per adult or $35 for children ages 6 to 12.
- Escobar Farm Fireworks: Escobar Farm doesn’t allow fireworks spectators on the farm during the display, but if you can’t see them from a home in Portsmouth, we think you should head over to Green Valley Country Club for a late dinner and a view of the show across the greens.
and Patch Picks