Newport Police Log: Seven Weekend Arrests
The following is based on reports from the Newport Police Department. An arrest does not indicate a conviction.
- Sean P. Cormier, 21, of 1004 Drift Rd., Westport, MA, was arrested around 9:20 p.m. on Friday, July 6, for three vandalism charges.
- Jonathan Mooney, 27, of 113 Lindy Ave., East Providence, was arrested around 1:15 a.m. on Saturday, July 7, for a simple assault charge.
- Daniel S. Oakland, 28, of 112 Lyon Ave., East Providence, was arrested around 1:11 a.m. on Saturday, July 7, for a simple assault charge.
- Robert W. Pollitt, Jr., 42, of Newport, was arrested around 1:40 a.m. on Saturday, July 7, for a domestic disorderly conduct charge.
- Matthew Gunn, 29, of 141 Straddle Hill, Wethersfield, CT, was arrested around 1:40 a.m. on Saturday, July 7, for fireworks possession and vandalism charges.
- Daniel N. Szala, 25, of 127 Mitchell Lane, Middletown, was cited around 8:36 a.m. on Saturday, July 7, for a fireworks possession charge.
- Cynthia Peckham, 51, of 36 Ellery Rd., Newport, was arrested around 6:45 p.m. on Saturday, July 7, for DUI and refusal to submit to a chemical test charges.
The above reports detail arrests made by the Newport Police Department. Descriptions of all events are based solely on police officer reports provided to Patch.