Newport Police Log: Man Charged with Vandalism, 5 Other Arrests
The following is based on reports from the Newport Police Department. An arrest does not indicate a conviction.
Michael F. Neves, Jr., 30, of Newport, was arrested on Thursday, Aug. 30, for a domestic vandalism charge.
Police were dispatched to Brick Alley for a vandalism charge. According to reports, an employee had seen Neves deflating a woman's tires. She told police her car had also been scratched.
Neves turned himself in to police on Thursday.
- Charles V. Parker, 23, of East Providence, was arrested around 2:20 a.m. on Friday, Aug. 31, for domestic simple assault and violating a no contact order charges. He was picked up on an active warrant.
- Valerie McLennan, 32, of 5 Washington St., Newport, was cited around 11:05 p.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 29, for possession of alcohol in public.
- A 17-year-old Newport boy was arrested around 2:29 p.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 29, for a first-offense possession of marijuana charge.
- Ashlee L. Anderson, 22, of 36 Miantonomi Ave., Middletown, was arrested around 7 p.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 29, for an active warrant for failure to appear in court.
- Thomas Ayres, 48, of 15 Meeting St., Newport, was arrested around 6:45 p.m. on Thursday, Aug. 30, for a violating a no contact order charge.
The above reports detail arrests made by the Newport Police Department. Descriptions of all events are based solely on police officer reports provided to Patch.