Newport Police Log: Domestic Dispute, Warrant and Shoplifting Arrests
The following is based on reports from the Newport Police Department. An arrest does not indicate a conviction.
Angelo S. McDowell, 19, of Newport, was arrested around 12:45 p.m. on Sunday, March 10, for domestic simple assault, domestic assault by strangulation and domestic refusal of a telephone charges.
According to the victim, McDowell assaulted her at the Pineapple Inn. Reports said she had marks on her eye and her neck.
He reportedly fled the scene and took her cell phone with him.
Police located McDowell and placed him under arrest.
- Michael J. Santucci, 24, of 10 Autumn Hill Rd., Leominster, MA, was arrested around 2:45 a.m. on Sunday, March 10, for first-offense DUI and refusal to submit to a chemical test charges.
- Alvaro S. Suchite, 25, of 80 Rhode Island Ave., Newport, was arrested around 1:13 a.m. on Tuesday, March 12, for first-offense DUI, refusal to submit to a chemical test and driving without a license charges.
- Christian E. Griffin, 31, of 249 Connell Highway, Newport, was arrested around 10:10 p.m. on Monday, March 11, for an active warrant for failure to appear in court.
- John W. Butler, 37, of 31 Callender Ave., Newport was arrested around 6:25 p.m. on Monday, March 11, for two active warrants for failure to appear in court.
- Lauren M. Haslam, 22, of 21 Kubla Court, Portsmouth, was arrested around 3:26 p.m. on Sunday, March 10, for a shoplifting charges. Reports said Haslam attempted to walk out of Walmart with $123 worth of women’s clothing and toiletries.
The above reports detail arrests made by the Newport Police Department. Descriptions of all events are based solely on police officer reports provided to Patch.