Man Charged with Jumping on Officer, Five Other Arrests
The following is based on reports from the Newport Police Department. An arrest does not indicate a conviction.
Two men were arrested around 12:03 a.m. on Thursday, July 5, after a reported fight at Dockside.
David R. Carvalho, 22, of San Diego, was arrested for fighting and resisting arrest charges, and James A. Tollefson, Jr., 22, of 122 Morrison Ave., Middletown, was arrested for an assault charge.
While Carvalho was being handcuffed, Tollefson reportedly jumped on another police officer's back, causing him to fall on the arresting officer.
- Brent Mills Carter, 20, of Newport, was arrested around 1:30 a.m. on Wednesday, July 4, for a domestic assault charge.
- Michael A. Adolfo, 25, of an unknown address in Providence, was arrested around 1:40 a.m. on Wednesday, July 4, for domestic assault and refusal to relinquish a telephone charges.
- Danielle L. Knight, 33, Newport, was arrested around 3:55 p.m. on Wednesday, July 4, for a domestic assault charge.
- Sheila Cantres, 24, of 184 Alabama Ave., Providence, was cited around 10:43 p.m. on Wednesday, July 4, for possession of alcohol in public and littering.
- A 17-year-old Warren resident was cited around 10:55 a.m. on Wednesday, July 4, for possession of alcohol by a minor.
The above reports detail arrests made by the Newport Police Department. Descriptions of all events are based solely on police officer reports provided to Patch.